21 July 2010

books. books. books.

Today is Wednesday... Daycare day! For the first time this summer, I headed over to Stellar to check on my library. And, let me tell you, it was like Christmas! I had at least 12(!) boxes of new books. I spent hours browsing and reading and inventorying these new gems. I'm so excited to share them with our teachers and students next month!

And, tonight I read some other fabulous books, picked up during a recent library trip, to my little Liv. These are some of my favorites - A Bad Case of Stripes by David Shannon and Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes. Both teach such important lessons of being true to yourself and the value of being independently and uniquely you. More than the books, I loved the sweet conversations I had with my little one as we read. Her curiosity and perceptive comments never cease to amaze me. I heart my Olivia!

No comments:

Post a Comment