09 June 2010

Hello Wednesday. I love you.

Today is Wednesday. Summer Daycare Day. And, it might be my favorite day of the week. Don't get my wrong, I love summer because I get to be a full-time mommy for several months and run around with my kids - the park, playdates, the library and kiddo activities. But, as I settle into this new routine for summer, I have quickly realized that I am completely overwhelmed with being a stay at home mom to a 1 year old and an almost 4 year old. It can be exhausting and lonely and frustrating (after Olivia's 10th trip to time out). Plus, the selfish part of me misses my work buddies and my students and the regular routine of my life.

**I feel like I must take a quick moment to tell my SAHM friends - You are my heroes!**

This morning I was looking forward to a break and I anxiously anticipated the day and what I would do with no one to care for or feed or discipline. After I dropped off the kids at 7:00 am, I enjoyed... a run and a lift at the gym ~ pilates ~ reading/ sunbathing in the backyard ~ a shower (with NO interruptions!) ~ painting my toe nails ~ watching a movie. And, by about 1:00 pm, I missed Olivia and Andrew so much! What to do? What to do until 4:30 pm?

So, while I will thoroughly enjoy my Wednesdays and a little bit of "me" time, all the other days of the week are pretty darn fantastic because my days with Andrew and Olivia are also rewarding and fun and hilarious. Full of exploring and adventures and love. I adore you, Andrew and Olivia! And, I missed you today!

1 comment:

  1. Madre/Nana09 June, 2010

    SC,

    I love listening to your heart. It so great that you are taking the time to journal this summer. These are moments that if not captured in written form, will soon fade. But, your words and pictures are going to be a life journey that Livvy Lou and Bubby will not truly appreciate until they get older. I applaud you sweet woman, Livvy Lou and Bubby are blessed to have you as their Mama. And, I'm blessed to have you as my daughter. I love you.
    Madre =)

    ReplyDelete