01 June 2010

Breaking the Rules

This blog has become a source of stress for me and I think about updating it daily. But, as time continues to tick away and days turn into weeks and then into months, I feel so far behind that I don't know how to catch up. Other life priorities creep in and this blog, once again, moves to the back burner. Ironically, I check other blogs practically on a daily basis and I often find myself jealous of those who diligently update with stories, pictures, life's joys and challenges. And, then I am sad that I have not maintained my own blog. I want to blog. To share my life, my loves, my thoughts with those who love me and my family.

To complicate my stress, when I created this blog, I also created rules. Unspoken rules. Rules that I expected myself to follow. While it sounds silly, I sometimes found myself unable to post because I might be breaking a rule. I won't bore you with all of the details, but some of the rules include... All posts must include Olivia (now Andrew and Olivia). Posts must be in chronological order. Posts must always include a picture (I have broken this rule on occasion). Important life events and really any cute pictures on the camera must be posted, and never skipped. This list of rules, only written in my mind and enforceable by me, has paralyzed me. I know, I know. I'm being overly dramatic.

But, now, I'm choosing to break the rules. To make this blog about my life. My husband. My children. My friends. And, really, whatever I want to post about. So this blog is evolving, changing and growing. Thank you for allowing me to move forward on a new blog journey.

PS - The rule follower in me has updated backwards through December 2009!

1 comment:

  1. Love that you are back to blogging. No need to stress about it. I write the most random things on mine and really just write about what makes me happy. It is fun to see what you and your family is up to. Speaking of, I feel like I need to update mine for the week :)

    ReplyDelete