24 December 2009

Princess Phone

Oh, the three-year-old drama! When we were visiting our friend Cameron, Olivia discovered his yellow Belle princess phone. (Let me clarify that Cameron has three girl cousins and he received this phone from one of them.) As we prepared to leave their house after playing for a while, Olivia was convinced that Cam should give her his Belle princess phone. I'm sure you can imagine that display that followed when I, of course, said no. Tears. Kicks. Screams. Time out. The works. And the three-year-old rationalization through her tears, "But, Mommy, Cameron has four phones, so I can have one of them." She seemed to have momentarily forgotten that she has at least five phones at home.

Later that evening, Olivia told me that she wanted a pink Cinderella phone for Christmas. She went on to say, "Actually, I think that the Cinderella phone is blue because her dress is blue. And, the Belle phone is yellow because her dress is yellow. So, I want a blue Cinderella phone." What a brilliant little mind. The connections she makes just amaze me!

Now, I already knew that Gigi had bought Olivia a Cinderella princess phone for Christmas, and so the first gift of Christmas on Christmas Eve Day - the blue Cinderella princess phone. Yes, she was right - it is blue. There are already talks of a Cinderella phone and Belle phone play date at Cameron's house. And, clarification that the blue Cinderella phone is Olivia's and the yellow Belle phone is Cameron's.

No comments:

Post a Comment